The 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program supports pre-literate children and their families in developing lifelong literacy habits by challenging them to read 1,000 books together before kindergarten.
How does it work?
- Any child from birth to the day they enter kindergarten is eligible.
- Sign up for the program by visiting the Children’s Department, pick up your reading log packet and 1000 Books Before Kindergarten bag.
- Use your reading logs to record 100 books at a time. Repeats count!
- Come back every time you have completed 100 books and put your name on our 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Wall of Fame.
- When you have finished 1000 books your child will receive a certificate, a free book and will add their name on a star to the 1000 Books Wall of Fame.