The Library will be closed Thursday, March 5 due to to inclement weather.
- EBSCOHost: Academic Search Elite (in-library and home access)
- Academic institutions worldwide depend on this database as their core resource of scholarly information. Academic Search Elite contains full text for more than 2,100 journals, including more than 1,700 peer-reviewed titles. This multi-disciplinary database covers virtually every area of academic study. Full text information in this database dates as far back as 1985.
- EBSCOHost: MasterFILE Premier (in-library and home access)
- Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for nearly 1,700 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, MasterFILE Premier also contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents, as well as an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps & flags.
- English Language Learner Reference Center (EBSCOhost) (in-library and home access)
- Designed for middle/high school students and English language learners, ELL Reference Center provides academic reference materials created specifically for ELL students. Subjects covered include science, math, history, civics, life skills and literature.
- EBSCOHost: TOPICsearch (in-library and home access)
- TOPICsearch contains full text for over 60,000 articles from 399 diverse sources including international and regional newspapers, EBSCO's unparalleled collection of periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, and government information.
- The Fifty States (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
This volume is designed to serve the needs of those seeking basic information on individual states and the District of Columbia. Each chapter opens with a profile listing of key facts on population, geography, history and other points of interest. This section is followed by a brief state history, state timeline, and notes for further study.
- Masterplots (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
- A classic reference work for more than sixty years, Masterplots analyzes the most important works in all genresólong fiction, short fiction, poetry, drama, and nonfictionóthroughout history and around the world, helping to define and critique the literary canon.
- World Book Advanced (in-library and home access)
World Book Advanced includes the entire World Book Encyclopedia, an atlas, a dictionary, and local and country research guides, along with thousands of ebooks and primary sources designed for high school and college students.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia(in-library and home access)
- Crash Course in Copyright
- This guide from the University of Texas provides comprehensive coverage of copyright law.
- Gethuman database
- "Cheat sheet" to get to a human rather than an automated list of options for over 200 companies.
- How Stuff Works
- From electronics to money to travel, find out how something works. Includes comparative pricing information for many products.
- Ready reference information under the following categories: World & News, United States, History & Government., Biography, Sports, Arts & Entertainment, Business, Society & Culture, Health & Science, and Homework Center. Also a good place to find seasonal information and timelines
- Internet Public Library
- A gateway site to evaluated authoritative information on the web. Organized by topic and keyword searchable
- A free resource from Hekman Library of Calvin College that formats bibliographic citations - both print and non-print.
- Library Spot
- This is a well organized online ready reference desk. Links to directories, dictionaries, encyclopedias, government, genealogy, historic documents and more. A one stop reference site.
- Online! Citation Styles
- Based on the book Online! A reference guide to using internet sources, this is a quick and easy way to find examples of how to cite online sources MLA, APA, CBE, and Chicago Style.
- Search the full text of standard reference sources including Bartlett's Quotations, the American Heritage Dictionary, Roget's Thesaurus and the Harvard Classics and Shelf of Fiction
- A handy ready reference site with a focus on current events, including current gas prices and up-to-date news and weather.
- Resources for Economists on the Internet
- Sponsored by the American Economic Association. Links to dictionaries, glossaries, conferences, associations.
- Find time, date, and national holidays for cities and countries around the world. Includes calendars for any year, date calculators, sun and moon calculators, etc.
- Dictionary for computer and internet terminology
- Vital Records
- Search by state for information on where to write for birth, death, marriage or divorce records.
- Your Dictionary.com
- Links to dictionaries in 133 separate topic areas.
Last updated February 26, 2015