- The American Indian Experience (The American Mosaic) (in-library and home access)
- The American Indian Experience is a digital resource that illuminates the histories and contemporary cultures of the Native peoples of North America.
- The African American Experience (The American Mosaic) (in-library and home access)
- Developed with the guidance of African American librarians and subject specialists, The African American Experience is the widest ranging and easiest-to-use online database collection on African American history and culture.
- Early Civilizations in the Americas Reference Library (in-library and home access)
- This reference library provides a comprehensive overview of the history of the regions of the American continents in which two of the world's first civilizations developed: Mesoamerica (the name for the lands in which ancient civilizations arose in Central America and Mexico) and the Andes Mountains region of South America (in present-day Peru and parts of Bolivia, northern Argentina, and Ecuador).
- The Fifty States (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
This volume is designed to serve the needs of those seeking basic information on individual states and the District of Columbia. Each chapter opens with a profile listing of key facts on population, geography, history and other points of interest. This section is followed by a brief state history, state timeline, and notes for further study.
- History In Context: U.S. (in-library and home access)
- Provides a complete overview of U.S. history covering the most-
studied events, issues and current information. Includes primary sources and journal articles.
- History In Context: World (in-library and home access)
- Combines a comprehensive and unique global collection of resources with easy-to-use searching for undergraduate and high school research and curriculums.
- Great Lives from History: Notorious Lives (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
- Biographies of more than 600 notorious historical figures - some controversial, some entirely infamous - and information on their impact on the world.
- The Latino American Experience (The American Mosaic) (in-library and home access)
- Comprehensive, informative, and now even easier to use, The Latino American Experience is the latest version of the first-ever database dedicated to the history and culture of Latinos—the largest, fastest growing minority group in the United States.
- World History Collection (in-library and home access)
- Offers a global look at history with content from Africa, Asia, North and South America, Europe and the Middle East. Contains cover-to-cover full text for 150 titles, including many peer-reviewed journals. Full text dates as far back as 1964.
- AMDOCS: Documents for the Study of American History
- Full text online of documents of American History from 1000 to current
- American Memory from the Library of Congress
- Digitized documents, sound recordings, still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music that document the American experience.
- American President: An Online Reference Resource
- Information on each president, including speeches.
- Arkansas Records Catalog
- The Arkansas Records Catalog provides quick and easy access to detailed descriptions of primary source materials maintained by archives, special collections, libraries, historical societies, and museums across the state, bringing together collection guides from many of Arkansas’s repositories to help you to locate historical documents and learn where you can gain access to the physical records you seek.
- Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture
- A definitive and accurate record of Arkansas history, culture and geography. Maintained and updated by the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies.
- The Avalon Project at Yale Law School
- This searchable database of documents divided by century includes documents on law, history, economics and government.
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers
- Search and read newspapers from 1900-1910; locate information about American newspapers published between 1690 - present.
- Costume History
- A great resource for pictures and photographs of costume throughout the ages
- Food Timeline
- Find historic prices of food, recipes and foods from historic time periods and links to information on individual foods..
- Index Arkansas
- A free searchable index of Arkansas publications.
- National Archives and Records Administration
- Access to historical records in United States history.
- New York Public Library Picture Collection Online
- 30,000 digitized images of photos created prior to 1923. Excellent source of primary source photos.
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection
- Nice collection of historical U.S. maps, especially good for westward expansion in the 1800s.
- POTUS: Presidents of the United States
- Biographical information on all the U.S. Presidents. Includes election results, cabinet members, links to historical documents and notable events.
- Timeline of Art History
- Chronological, geographic and thematic history of art illustrated with pieces from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Last updated January 24, 2015