Due to inclement weather, the Library will close at 4:00 on Thursday, December 5.
- ERIC (in-library and home access)
- ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, contains more than 1,300,000 records and links to more than 317,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966. Designed for educators, the Professional Development Collection database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports.
- Professional Development Collection (in-library and home access)
- Provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports.
- Teacher Reference Center (in-library and home access)
- Provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- TrueFlix (in-library access)
- TrueFlix (home access)
- TrueFlix™ is an online resource that focuses on engaging subject-area content in science and social studies for students spanning grades 3-6. Each TrueFlix subject area is supported with a deep and dynamic reservoir of related content and primary sources featuring videos, audio, images, and text.
- Arkansas Department of Education
- Provide links to information for administrators, students, teachers, and parents. Includes information on testing, schools, and employment opportunities.
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
- ERIC provides free access to more than 1.2 million bibliographic records of journal articles and other education-related materials and, if available, includes links to full text. ERIC is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences (IES).
- U.S. Department of Education
- Featured information for students, parents, teachers and administrators.
- Arkansas Department of Career Education
- Information on adult education, GED, ESL, apprenticeships, careers
- Northwest Technical Institute Adult Education
- Provides free instruction to all adults, age 18 and older, who wish to improve their academic skills, obtain an Arkansas high school diploma, learn English, or study for citizenship.
- Springdale Area Schools
- Area Schools, Northwest Arkansas Colleges (links to the Springdale Public Library's Our Community section).
- Campus Tours
- Search by state for colleges and universities and link to web sites, campus tours, videos and maps. Concise factual data included.
- This site contains excellent information about colleges, universities, private schools and other academic programs, as well as tools to help select a school, prepare for a standardized test, obtain financial aid, and more.
- Educator's Reference Desk
- From the Information Institute of Syracuse, this site provides access to over 2000 lesson plans, 3000 links to online education web sites, and a question and answer archive.
- Peterson's Planner
- Let Peterson's Planner help you plan for K-12 schools and summer programs, college, graduate school and continuing education.
- These easy-to-navigate K-12 resources are grade-specific and are aligned with state standards.
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Look here for statistics on all aspects of education from early childhood to postsecondary education.
- National Home Education Network
- This site addresses questions about homeschooling, provides information on legal issues, has a resource directory, and provides networking for homeschoolers.
- Resources for practice, play, projects and reports. Search for a specific topic, or choose from recommended activities, maps, games, reading lists and homework help.
Last updated November 25, 2013