Kids @ the Library
Library News & Events
Winter Storytime 2014/15
If you would like to bring a group of 5 or more children to a story time, please call the library in advance (no need to call in advance for Special Event Saturdays). Children under the age of eleven must always be supervised by an adult, in all areas of the library. A parent
or adult caregiver of children under age eleven must remain in the library while school age children are attending
Wednesdays, 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Birth through Age 3
Babies, toddlers, and their caregivers are invited to enjoy lively interactive programs that focus on early literacy skills. Each session features a read-aloud story, rhymes, fingerplays, and lots of songs.
- December 3
- December 10
- January 7
- January 14
- January 21
- January 28
- February 4
- February 11
- February 18
Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Ages 3 through 5
Pre-school Story Time gives children and their caregivers the opportunity to enjoy books, songs, puppets, fingerplays, and a simple craft project.
Season of Giving
- December 2/3 - Helping Others
- December 9/10 - Celebrate the Season
Recipe for Reading
- January 6/7 - Alphabet Soup
- January 13/14 - Full of Flavor
- January 20/21 - Mix It Up
- January 27/28 - Yummy Yummy in My Tummy
- February 3/4 - Eating with Friends
- February 10/11 - I Can Cook
- February 17/18 - Eat Well & Feel Good
Tuesdays, 4:30 pm
Ages 6 through 9
These fun-filled programs feature stories, songs, activities, and crafts. Children of all abilities are welcome!
Adults are not required to attend school-age programs; however, an adult must stay with children who are 7 years old and under at all times while in the Library.
- December 2 - Winter Tales
- December 9 - Winter Wonderland
The Animal Kingdom
- January 6 - Fantastic Beasts
- January 13 - Animals in the Desert
- January 20 - Arctic Animals
- January 27 - Rumble in the Jungle
- February 3 - On the Farm
- February 10 - Around the World
- February 17 - Animal Helpers
Thursdays, 4:00 pm
Spanish Story Time is designed for families to enjoy stories,
songs, puppets, and fingerplays. A simple craft project follows.
Head Over Heels for Winter
- December 4 - We Love Snow
- December 11 - Make Tracks to the Library
- January 8 - All Aboard
- January 15 - On the Road
- January 22 - Sailing Away
- January 29 - Far, Far Away Places
- February 5 - 10, 9, 8 ... Bast Off!
- February 12 - Hanging Around with Friends
- February 19 - Home Is the Place to Be
Wednesdays, 4:30 pm
Children's Auditorium & Craft Area
- January 21 - Percy Jackson Party
Join us for a fun party celebrating all things
Percy Jackson including a Percy Jackson craft,
snacks and fun book talk.
- February 18 - Minute to Win It
Have fun and try your hand at some of the games seen on the Minute to Win it Game Show. Prizes awarded to the winners.