Kids @ the Library
Library News & Events
Fall Storytime 2014
If you would like to bring a group of 5 or more children to a story time, please call the library in advance (no need to call in advance for Special Event Saturdays). Children under the age of eleven must always be supervised by an adult, in all areas of the library. A parent
or adult caregiver of children under age eleven must remain in the library while school age children are attending
Wednesdays, 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Birth through Age 3
Babies, toddlers, and their caregivers are invited to enjoy lively interactive programs that focus on early literacy skills. Each session features a read-aloud story, rhymes, fingerplays, and lots of songs.
- September 10
- September 17
- September 24
- October 1
- October 8
- October 15
- October 22
- October 29
- November 5
- November 12
Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Ages 3 through 5
Pre-school Story Time gives children and their caregivers the opportunity to enjoy books, songs, puppets, fingerplays, and a simple craft project.
- September 9/10 - Welcome to the Pet Parade!
- September 16/17 - Scaly Skins
- September 23/24 - Little Furry Friends
- September 30/October 1 - Curious Kitties
- October 7/8 - Lovable Pups
- October 14/15 - Zany Zoo Animals
- October 21/22 - Imaginary Pals
- October 28/29 - Creepy Crawly Comrades
- November 4/5 - Barnyard Buddies
- November 11/12 - Be a Good Pet Owner!
Tuesdays, 4:30 pm
Ages 6 through 9
These fun-filled programs feature stories, songs, activities, and crafts. Children of all abilities are welcome!
Adults are not required to attend school-age programs; however, an adult must stay with children who are 7 years old and under at all times while in the Library.
- September 9 - Very Mysterious
- September 16 - Histories Mysteries
- September 23 - Secret Agent Kids
- September 30 - The Hounds of Libraryville
- October 7 - The Mysterious Disappearance of the Dinosaurs
- October 14 - It's Elementary
- October 21 - I spy Detectives
- October 28 - Creepies and Crawlies
- November 4 - Big Foot, UFOs and the Loch Ness Monster
- November 11 - Uncovering the Mystery of Money
Thursdays, 4:00 pm
Spanish Story Time is designed for families to enjoy stories,
songs, puppets, and fingerplays. A simple craft project follows.
- September 11
- September 18
- September 25
- October 2
- October 9
- October 16
- October 23
- October 30
- November 6 - Library clased for staff in-service day.
- November 13